Source: Census Bureau
Retail and food services sales in the US were valued at $665.7 billion in March, an increase of 0.5% from the previous month. SPY is down -0.46%, DXY is up +0.84%.
- The surge in retail sales in March was largely attributed to higher spending due to inflationary pressures, especially gasoline, which saw an 8.9% jump.
- Excluding motor vehicles and gasoline, retail sales increased by 0.2% in March after declining by 0.1% in February.
- Compared to last year, the retail sales ticked higher by 6.9% in March.
- Total sales since January through March were up by 12.9% from the same period of last year.
- Retail trade sales were up by a monthly 0.4% to remain 5.5% elevated from the same month last year.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots