Source: US Labor Bureau
The United States nonfarm payroll growth and the unemployment rate were unchanged from the previous month in April, government data revealed. QQQ is down 0.74%, while SPY is down 0.68%.
- Total nonfarm payroll employment jumped by 428,000 in April, unchanged from the same increase recorded in March.
- Total private payrolls increased by 406,000, marking a slowdown from 424,000 the previous month.
- The goods-producing sector increased by 66,000, led mainly by manufacturing which grew by 55,000 in the month.
- The private service-providing industry recorded 340,000 additional jobs in April, led by education and health services which climbed by 59,000.
- Government payrolls for the month climbed by 22,000, rebounding from the 4,000 recorded in March but lower than the 51,000 recorded in April 2021.
- The unemployment rate was recorded at 3.6%, unchanged from the previous month and lower than 6.0% in April 2021.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots