Source: US Department of Labor.
Weekly jobless claims decreased by 24,000 to 400,000 from the upwardly revised 424,000 in the previous period. DJI down -0.36%, EURUSD up +0.31%
- The seasonally adjusted insured employment rate remained unchanged from previous week’s unrevised rate at 2.4%.
- The advanced number of insured unemployment rate for the week ended July 17 was 3,369,000, a 7,000 increase from previous week’s revised level.
- Total of those receiving benefits under all government programs increased to 13,156,252, a 582,403 increase from the previous week.
- Weekly claims filed for benefits in all programs was 31,898,353 compared to a similar period in 2020.
- Among states, Michigan saw the biggest gain in initial claims of 13,547, with New York recording the largest decrease in initial claims of 10,727.
- In case of continued weekly claims, 47 states reported 5,246,162 continued weekly claims for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance benefits, while 46 states reported 4,233,883 continued claims for compensation benefits.
Leave a Reply