Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Job openings in the United States extended the climb to carve a fresh all-time high in March, as hires declined while separations climbed. QQQ is up 0.25%, while SPY is up 0.82%.
- Total job openings stood at 11.549 million in March, the highest on record. This compares with 11.344 million in February and 8.480 million in March 2021.
- Bulk or 10.504 million was accounted for by private hiring, led by health care and social assistance with 2.027 million.
- Hires for the month were recorded at 6.737 million, lower than the 6.832 million in the previous month but higher than the 6.208 million in March 2021.
- Separations were at 6.321 million, higher than the 6.082 million in February and 5.540 million in the same month last year.
- Net employment for the 12 months ending in March was 6.3 million, reflecting the 77.7 million hires and 71.4 million separations during the month.
Leave a Reply