Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Producer prices climbed to a series-high in November, driven mainly by higher energy costs during the month.
- The final demand index surged by 9.6% in the 12 months ended November, marking the biggest climb since data collection started in November 2010.
- The latest figure compares with the 6.3% in October, and the 1.0% the same month last year.
- Total final demand for November versus the previous month grew by 0.8%, up from 0.6% in August to October and 0.0% in November 2020.
- Final demand services increased by 0.7% in November to mark the 11th straight month of growth.
- Final demand services less food, energy, and trade grew by 0.7%, up from 0.4% in October and 0.2% the same month last year.
- Foods increased by 1.2% to overtake the -0.3% in October, while energy prices jumped by 2.6%, slower than the 5.3% in October.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots