Source: European Central Bank
The euro area posted a current account surplus of 18 billion euros in October 2021, the same as last month. DAX is down -2.10%, EURUSD is up +0.27%.
- Goods surplus matched those of services at 16 billion euros each, but a secondary income deficit of 15 billion euros offset the balances.
- In the 12 months to October, current account surplus was 311 billion euros, an increase from 186 billion euros in the prior year.
- Overall direct investments by euro area residents in non-euro area assets were 22 billion euros in the 12 months to October, an improvement from divestments of 75 billion euros in the same period to October 2020.
- Euro area residents had 487 billion euros net purchases of non-euro area equity in the year to October, an increase from 215 billion euros in the same period last year.
- On the financial account, acquisitions of non-euro area portfolio investment securities by euro area residents in the year to October 2021 was 937 billion euros. Non-residents’ acquisitions of euro area investment securities were 140 billion euros in the same period.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots