International investors have returned to U.K stocks which are now the most overweight in seven years.
- Investors are looking at a slew of data to decide on which stocks to pick after exiting the market during the Brexit referendum in 2016.
- Traffic congestion data could drive a boom in stocks related to retail, and beverage.
- Consumer behavior data will influence market picks on stocks involved in recreation such as cinema firms and restaurants.
- Updates on the vaccination rollout and the reopening of the economy will sway stocks on manufacturing.
- The United Kingdom’s list of “green countries” where tourists can visit will impact air carrier stocks.
Most of the U.K. is set to full reopen on June 21, and savings during the lockdown are expected to be released into the economy.