Source: ADP National Employment
A total of 807,000 jobs were generated in the US private sector from November to December, more than double an estimate of 400,000. SPY is down -0.18%, DXY is down -0.32%.
- Large businesses added the bulk of the jobs at 389,000, with those having more than 1,000 employees generating the most employment.
- Medium businesses contributed to 214,000 jobs while small businesses added the fewest at 204,000.
- By sector, service-providing added 669,000 jobs, the most, with the majority of the employment in leisure and hospitality, which generated 246,000 jobs.
- Goods-producing businesses added 138,000, while franchise employment stood at 39,400.
- ADP chief economist Nela Richardson says the job market strengthened in December on fading impacts of the Delta variant while the Omicron remained muted.