Private sector employment rose by 174,000 jobs in January from December, according to the ADP National Employment press release. The employment growth reflected a slow recovery in the job market amid COVID-19 headwinds.
- By Company Size
- Medium businesses added the most jobs at 84,000
- Small businesses added 51,000 jobs.
- Large businesses added the fewest jobs at 39,000
- By Sector
- The service-providing sector added the most jobs at 156,000
- The goods-producing sector added 19,000 jobs.
- Franchise employment added 10,700 jobs.
U.S stocks and the dollar are currently gaining. SPY is up 0.31% on premarket, QQQ is up 0.65% on premarket, EURUSD is down 0.23%.