Source: Philadelphia Fed
US level of non-manufacturing rose for the second straight month in November, with the diffusion index gauging current general activity up by 13 points to 47.0. SPY is down -0.11%, DXY is up +0.03%.
- 55% of firms reported an increase in the general activity, against 8% which reported declines.
- New orders index increased by 5 points to 19.2 in November, with more than 33% of firms posting gains against 15% which had declines.
- The sales index rose from 22.5 to 44.4, with over 62% of firms posting increases while 18% registered decreases.
- Full-time employment rose by 3 points to 15.2, while part-time employment increased by a similar level to 13.2, a gain for the 10th straight time.
- Inflation pressures persisted, with the prices received index edging higher by six points to a record of 37.1 in the month. Prices paid index fell marginally by 1 point to 64.6.
- Firms expect an improvement in activity over the next six months, with the index for future activity up by 12 points to 66.7 in November.