Source: US Census Bureau
New home sales in the United States climbed to a nine-month high in December 2021, as prices fell for the second straight month. XHB is up 1.67%.
- New home sales for the month stood at 811,000, up 11.9% from 725,000 in November but -14.0% lower than the 943,000 recorded in December 2020.
- The latest reading is the highest in nine months since new home sales were recorded at 873,000 in March 2021.
- New home sales for the full year were estimated at 762,000, up 7.3% from the 2020 figure of 822,000.
- New homes for sale were 403,000, up 1.5% from November’s 397,000 and 34.8% higher than December 2020’s 299,000. This is 6.0 months’ worth of supply.
- The median sales price for the month was $377,000, lower than the $416,100 in November but higher than the $365,300 the previous year.
- Average sales for the month declined to $457,300, down from $479,300 in November but higher than the $401,700 in December 2020.
Leave a Reply