Source: Census Bureau
Manufactured goods orders in the US rose by 1.6% or $4.3 billion to hit $277.5 billion in January. SPY is up +0.33%, DXY is down -0.29%.
- Excluding transportation, manufactured goods orders improved by 0.7%. Transportation equipment drove most of the durable good’s orders, with a gain of 3.4% or $2.9 billion to $87.6 billion.
- Manufactured goods shipments rose by $3.1 billion or 1.2% to hit $270.4 billion, after another increase of 1.3% in December.
- Unfilled orders, which have now increased for twelve straight months, saw a gain of 0.9% or $11.4 billion to $1,283.2 billion, higher than an uptick of 0.8% in December.
- Inventories rose by 0.4% or $1.9 billion to $476.0 billion, extending gains following twelve straight months of increases.
- Capital goods orders rose by 4.2% or $3.9 billion to $96.9 billion.