Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Job openings in the United States hit a record-high in June, with the quits rate up during the period.
- Job openings grew by 590,000 to 10.1 million. This is the highest on record.
- The biggest growths were seen in professional and business services, retail trade, and accommodation and food services.
- Hires increased to 6.7 million to reflect a rate of 4.6%.
- Growth was seen in hiring in the retail trade, state and local government education, and durable goods and manufacturing industries.
- Total separations climbed 254,000 to 5.6 million, with the rate little changed at 3.8%.
- Separations increased in professional and business services, durable goods manufacturing, and state and local government, excluding education.
- The quits level increased by 239,000 to 3.9 million, and the quits rate up to 2.7%.
- More quits were recorded in professional and business services, durable goods manufacturing, and state and local government, excluding education.