U.S job openings rose to 6.65 million on the last day of December from 6.572 million in the previous month, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics press release. Hiring dropped to 5.54 million from 5.94 million in November.
- The job openings rate rose to 4.5% from 4.4% in November
- The hiring rate declined to 3.9% from 4.2% in November
- Layoffs fell to 1.81 million in December from 2.056 million in November
- Employment is 9.9 million jobs below its peak in February 2020.
- Total separations were little changed at 5.5 million
U.S stocks are gaining as the dollar loses. SPY is up 0.018%, QQQ is up 0.039%, EURSUD is up 0.53%