Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
US inflation stood steady at a 13-year high in July, as supply issues and heightened demand impacted prices of goods during the period.
- Annual inflation remained at 5.4% in July, unchanged from June. This is the highest since 2008.
- Core inflation, which excludes food and energy, rose stood at 4.3%.
- The food index climbed 3.4%, higher than the 2.4% increase recorded in June. Food at home increased 2.6%, and food away from home grew 2.6%.
- The energy index jumped 23.8%, as energy commodities grew 41.2%, gasoline by 41.8%, and fuel by 39.1%.
- Used cars and trucks gained 41.7%, while new vehicles rose 6.4%. Transportation services increased by 6.4%.
- The only decline was recorded in medical care commodities, which fell 2.1%.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots