Source: mni Market News
The Chicago Business Barometer fell to 66.1 in June following the decline in order backlogs with a slight improvement in supplier deliveries. DJI gains +0.37%.
- New orders slowed, dropping to a three-month low in June.
- The index improved to 73.00 in the second quarter, its highest position since 1938.
- Production level eased in quarter two to 67.9 with the monthly index reducing by 10.6 points.
- The shortage of raw materials contributed to lower production levels.
- Inventories reduced by 4.3 points hitting the lowest mark since August 2020. In the second quarter, the inventories dropped to 42.1.
- Companies recorded higher prices because of the shortage of materials with quarter two prices increasing to a 41-year high of 90.6.