U.S privately-owned housing units authorized by building permits rose 4.5% to an annual rate of 1,709,000 in December from November, according to Census Bureau press release. The building permits level was 17.3% higher than the December 2019 rate of 1,457,000.
- Building Permits
- Single-family authorizations were at a rate of 1,226,000, 7.8% higher than November’s 1,137,000
- Authorizations of units in buildings with five units or more were at a rate of 437,000 in December.
- An estimated 1,452,000 housing units were authorized by building permits in 2020, up 4.8% from the 2019 figure of 1,386,000.
- Housing Starts
- Privately-owned housing starts in December were at an annual rate of 1,669,000, up 5.8% from November and 5.2% above the December 2019 rate of 1,587,000.
- Single-family housing starts in December were at a rate of 1,338,000, up 12.0% from November.
- The December rate for units in buildings with five units or more was 312,000.
- An estimated 1,380,300 housing units were started in 2020, up 7.0% from the 2019 figure of 1,290,000.
- Housing Completions
- Privately-owned housing completions in December were at an annual rate of 1,417,000, up 15.9% from November and 8.0% above the December 2019 rate of 1,312,000.
- Single-family housing completions in December were at a rate of 984,000, up 10.2% from November.
- The December rate for units in buildings with five units or more was 422,000.
- An estimated 1,290,600 housing units were completed in 2020, 2.8% above the 2019 figure of 1,255,100.
SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF is currently gaining. XHB is up 0.73%
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots