Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
In June, the total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 850,000, and the unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.9%. DJI +0.063%
- Significant job increases were recorded in leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, retail trade, public and private education, and other service sectors.
- The current unemployment situation is still worse than pre-pandemic numbers when the unemployment rate was 3.5% and 5.7 million unemployed persons.
- The number of people leaving jobs voluntarily increased by 164,000 to 942,000 in June as the number of people on temporary layoff remained unchanged at 1.8 million.
- The long-term unemployed number increased by 233,000 in June to 4.0 million after a decline of 431,000 in May.
- Part-time employees were reduced by 644,000 to 4.6 million in June as companies cut working hours due to business conditions.
- In June, the nonfarm payroll employment increased by 15.6 million since April 2020 but remains 4.4% lower than the pre-pandemic employment level.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots