The euro area unemployment was 7.7% in June, a reduction compared to 8.0% reported in May, and 8.0% in the same time last year.
DAX is down -0.75%, EURUSD is up +0.16%, FTSE 100 is down -0.88%.
- EU unemployment rate in June 2021 was 7.1%, down from 7.3% in May 2021 and 7.3% in June 2020.
- Eurostat estimated that in the EU, 14.916 men and women were unemployed in June 2021, 12.517 million of this came from the euro area.
- Unemployment in June went down by 397,000 and 339,000 in the EU and the euro area respectively from the same month last year
- The percentage of youth unemployment decreased to 17.0% in the EU and 17.3 % in the euro area in June from May’s 17.6% and 17.9%, respectively.
- Women unemployment rate in the EU decreased from 7.7% in May to 7.5% in June while that of men fell from 7.0% in May to 6.7% in June this year.
- Women unemployment rate in the euro area was down from 8.4% in May to 8.2% in June. Men’s unemployment fell from 7.6% to 7.3% in the same period.