Source: Office of National Statistics
U.K.’s retail sales volumes in May 2021 came down by 1.4% after April’s sharp increase following relaxation of retail restrictions. FTSE 100 is down 0.80% GPBUSD is down 0.23%
- Food stores and non-store sellers witnessed the highest monthly decrease in sales volume in May of 5.7% and 4.2% respectively as restrictions for hospitality and non-essential items were relaxed.
- Non-food dealers experienced increase in sales volumes of 2.3% in May after a growth of 25.6% in April.
- Increased travels saw automotive fuel sales go up by 6.2% from April.
- Online spending figures went down by 5.7% in May from April.
- Sales pattern in both value and volume came down 0.8% and 1.4% respectively.
- Retail sales volumes in May 2021 were 24.6% more than same period last year when tough measures were put in place after the pandemic.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots