House prices in the United Kingdom posted a steep increase in April, marking the 10th straight month of growth. IUKP is down 2.76%, while XHB is flat premarket.
- House prices in the UK posted a monthly change of 1.1%, following the 1.5% in March and 1.4% in April 2021.
- Prices recorded an annual change of 10.8%, versus the 11.1% in the previous month and 8.3% in the same month last year.
- The standardized average price was recorded at £286,079, higher than the £283,001 in March and £258,295 in April last year.
- The biggest annual price increase was recorded in Northern Ireland, overtaking the South West of England.
- Wales continues to record strong annual house price inflation of 14.2%, with an average house price of £214,396.
- Managing Director Russell Galley said that transactions and mortgage approvals remain above pre-pandemic levels, indicating heightened activity in the short term.
Leave a Reply