Source: Office for National Statistics
Employment in the United Kingdom posted a slight increase in the third quarter of the year, as both unemployment and economic activity both slipped from the previous quarter. EWU is up 0.43% premarket.
- The employment rate was recorded at 75.3%, posting a 0.5-percentage point climb from the previous quarter, equivalent to 32.416 million.
- The latest data remains 1.3 percentage points below the levels recorded prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, from December 2019 to February 2020.
- The employment rate has continued to decrease from the start of the pandemic in December 2019 but has noted an uptrend since the end of 2020.
- The unemployment rate was estimated at 4.5%, 0.4 percentage points lower than the previous quarter but 0.5% higher pre-pandemic.
- Economic inactivity stood at 21.1%, 0.2 percentage points down from the previous quarter but 0.9 percentage points above pre-pandemic levels.
Leave a Reply