Source: Markit Economics
Construction output in the United Kingdom was unchanged in March from the previous month but remained at the fastest growth since June 2021. EWU is down 0.35%
- The Construction Purchasing Managers’ Index was recorded at 59.1 in March, unchanged from February. This is still the fastest growth since June last year.
- Respondents cited inflationary issues, along with concerns over the geopolitical tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
- Commercial work posted the best performance, with the index at 60.8 as projects restarted with pandemic restrictions eased.
- Decelerations were recorded in both civil engineering and residential work which saw its slowest expansion out of the three broad categories.
- New orders accelerated to their fastest growth since August 2021, as firms noted strong customer demand.
- Business optimism fell to a 17-month low, dragged by concerns over the ongoing conflict in Ukraine and its impact on global prices.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots