Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics
Hiring activity in the United States declined in April, as openings and separations declined from the previous month. QQQ is up 0.01%, while SPY is down 0.55%.
- Total hires in April stood at 6.586 million, lower than the 6.645 million in March but higher than the 6.121 million in April 2021.
- The private sector accounted for 6.201 million, with the biggest in trade, transportation, and utilities with 1.399 million.
- The government hires for the month were 385,000, which includes 344,000 in the state and local and 41,000 in the federal government.
- Job openings for the month were 11.400 million, down from 11.855 million in March but up from 9.265 million in April 2021.
- Total separations fell to 6.033 million from 6.248 million in March but were higher than the 5.753 million in the same month last year.
- The net employment gain in the 12 months to April was 6.4 million, as hires totaled 78.0 million and separations were 71.6 million.
Leave a Reply