The United Kingdom welcomed August with 1.65 million active job advertisements, hovering record highs as COVID-19 restrictions were lifted.
- Job advertisements grew 204,000 from August 2 to 8. This is the fourth-highest weekly growth since the COVID-19 pandemic hit.
- The biggest growth was recorded in adverts for photographers, audio-visual, and broadcasting equipment operators at 19.3%.
- Adverts for insurance underwriters grew 15.5%, followed by for farmworkers by 9.2%, plasterers by 8.2%, and painters and decorators by 4.7%.
- Declines were seen in adverts for playworkers and other teaching and educational professionals amid the cooling-off period of the sector amid the summer holidays.
- The North West accounted for four of the top 10 areas for growth — Blackpool, West Dunbartonshire, the Wirral, and Norwich and East Norfolk.
- Scotland accounted for four of the 10 areas with the biggest declines — Shetland Islands, Na h-Eileanan Siar, Dumfries and Galloway, and East Lothian and Midlothian.