Source: Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Texas manufacturing conditions posted a rebound in September, with shipment and capacity utilization up while demand fell.
- The production index stood at 24.2, up from 20.8 in August and from the 23.5 recorded in September last year.
- The shipment index climbed to 18.7, and the capacity utilization index grew to 24.5, while the demand index slipped.
- Declines were also recorded in new orders, which remained slightly above the series average, while the growth rate of orders slipped by eight points.
- Company outlook and general business activity indexes dropped into negative territory, while the general business activity index stood firm at positive levels.
- Labor market measures hinted at faster employment growth and longer workweeks, with the employment index up even as hours worked declined.
- Declines were recorded in both the future production index and the future general business activity index.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots