Analysts project that the Federal Reserve will scale back asset purchases next year, starting with mortgage-backed securities.
SPY is down -0.31% on premarket, DXY is down -0.21%.
- The analysts see the Fed raising rates quicker through 2024, with two quarter-point hikes by the end of 2023.
- More analysts expect the Fed to announce tapering in December, with actual reductions beginning the first quarter of 2022.
- Economist Thomas Costerg projects “a mechanical reduction each month,” with $10 billion per month on the table.
- At least half of economists see the Fed tapering to last 10 to 12 months up to the end of 2022 from the first quarter.
- Analysts also expect the Fed to announce that the uptick in inflation is transitional, with more than 78% of economists agreeing with the stance.
- The analysts also project Fed’s Chair Jerome Powell to retain the position of the Fed chair.
- The projections by analysts come as the Fed is set to end its two-day policy meeting on Wednesday in which rates are expected to be held at new zero and $120 billion bond purchases maintained.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots