Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies Corp. will undergo a Dogecoin-funded mission to the moon through a partnership with Geometric Energy Corp., MarketWatch reported.
- Under the partnership, a 40-kilogram satellite will be sent to the moon in the first quarter of 2022 on a Falcon 9 rocket.
- SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk on Twitter said the mission will mark the first crypto and first meme in space.
- “To the mooooonnn!!” Musk said in his tweet.
SpaceX launching satellite Doge-1 to the moon next year— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 9, 2021
– Mission paid for in Doge
– 1st crypto in space
– 1st meme in space
To the mooooonnn!!https://t.co/xXfjGZVeUW
- Geometric Energy Chief Executive Samuel Reid said the mission solidifies Doge as a unit of account for lunar business in the space sector.
- SpaceX Vice President Tom Ochinero said the mission will set the foundation for “interplanetary commerce” and shows the use of cryptocurrency beyond the Earth’s orbit.
- Dogecoin was trading $0.49 at 2:49 p.m. GMT on May 10, 2021. It has surged over 10,000% year-to-date.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots