The system was released on MQL5 on November 19, 2020 and has 1131 demo downloads. The developer is from the United States – Ryan Brown. The current EA’s version is 3.61 (December 3, 2020).
Now, Ranger EA has a five-star rate.
Detailed Forex Robot Review
The one-page presentation doesn’t include much intel. We’ve gathered everything we can find there:
- The EA works fully-automatically.
- There were backtests that were performed on the 10 years data that was obtained from brokers.
- The monthly profit can be from 2.5% to up to 10% depending on risks.
- The settings from the box is everything we need to work with the EA.
- The trading frequency is several deals weekly.
- The robot follows FIFO regulation.
- The robot works with GBP/CAD and AUD/CAD. There’s also NZD/CAD (from trading results).
- The robot “uses a corrective trading technique to turn losing trades into winners.” Alas, we don’t know any additional info about this.
- The GBP/CAD currency pair works only on M30.
- The AUD/CAD currency pair works on H1.
- The default settings are the best for AUD/CAD.
Ranger EA Strategy Test
The MQL5 presentation is featured by an AUD/CAD backtest based on 10+ years data. The modeling quality was 99.90%. The absolute gain has become +104015.01% since January 10, 2010. The average monthly gain was +5.53%. The maximum drawdown was 55.85%. It’s quite a high number.
Demo Live Account Trading Results
The robot works on the demo USD account on the Trader’s Way robot. It works automatically on the MetaTrader 4 platform with 1:500 leverage. The account has Track Record and Trading Privileges Verified badges. It was created on January 07, 2020, and funded at $1000. Since then, the absolute gain has become +84.28%. An average monthly gain is 4.5%. The maximum drawdown is 10.19%. The account is tracked by 137 traders.
The system has traded 749 deals with 8968 pips. An average win (27.87 pips) equals an average loss (-26.49 pips). The win-rate is 70% for Longs and 71% for Shorts. An average trade length is one day. The Profit Factor is 2.75.
From the currency pairs sheet we know not only about AUD/CAD, GBP/CAD, but also about NZD/CAD. The most traded and profitable currency pair is GBP/CAD with 448 deals with $461.21.
The system trades during the European trading session.
Its trades vary. Wednesday is much ahead with 193 deals.
It works on the account with little risks to the balance.
We can see how the grid of orders works.
The robot runs risky Grids of ten orders. One of them can force the account to lose 10-20% of the balance.
As for a 10-deal Grid robot that profitability is quite low.
Ranger EA costs $497 for a product copy. The robot is overpriced. We’ve got some rental options: one-month and three-month rents. The one-month rent costs as little as $40. It’s the honest price. The three-month rent costs $120. We’re allowed to download it for free to check it on the terminal.
The robot is new and the developer doesn’t push people to write comments after purchasing. So, there are only two positive comments.
Ranger EA is a young expert advisor that uses aggressive ten-order Grid with Martingale. As for a robot that trades that aggressively the trading results are mediocre.
It means the Grid system isn’t well-shaped. The robot cost is too high as for a Grid plus Martingale combo behind the system.
There’s no refund policy as well. Thus, we do not recommend this EA to the public.
Leave a Reply