China’s Hang Seng Tech Index has recorded more than $551 billion in market value loss since it last peaked in February at 59% due to the industry crackdown.
HSI is down -6.57%.
- Analysts have stated that the issue of privacy and the concern of a possible reduction in medium-term earnings has spurred the ongoing clampdown.
- The index plummeted this month by 11% after the Chinese regulators banned new users from the Didi app following a controversial IPO.
- The index fell by 5.4% on Monday, with the sell-off of private education firms’ shares as tough regulations threaten the $100 billion industry.
- Despite the plunge, ETFs tracking the Hang Seng Index have recorded an inflow this year
- Hang Seng Tech Index was commissioned a year ago and it tracks 30 tech companies.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots