Source: New York Fed
Business activity in New York surged in April to return to positive levels, following three straight months of sluggishness. NYF is down 0.26%, while QQQ is down 0.15% premarket.
- The general business conditions index stood at 24.6 points, up by 36.4 points from the -11.8 points in March.
- Some 40% of survey respondents said conditions have improved during the period, while 15% said conditions worsened.
- The biggest increase was recorded in shipments, which climbed by 41.9 points to 34.5 in April versus -7.4 in March.
- This was followed by new orders, which jumped by 36.3 points to 25.1 from the -11.2 recorded in the previous month.
- Increases were also seen in prices paid, the average employee workweek, and unfilled orders.
- Declines were recorded in delivery time, inventories, prices received, and the number of employees.
- Optimism for the coming six months fell 21 points to 15.2, marking the lowest since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots