The following is an overview of the market movements in different regions.
- Futures for the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average rose by 0.3%.
- Note: Changes in futures are not always indicative of opening bell movements.
- In morning trading, the Stoxx Europe 600 gained 0.7%.
- Future PLC saw an 8.4% increase, while Commerzbank added 6.2%.
- Conversely, MorphoSys dropped 4.5%, and Melrose Industries fell 1.3%.
- The FTSE 100 added 0.5%.
- Other stocks in Europe also performed well, with France’s CAC 40 increasing by 0.5% and Germany’s DAX climbing by 0.5%.
- The Wall Street Journal Dollar Index dropped 0.3% to 99.79.
- Brent crude climbed 0.3% to $93.36 a barrel, while WTI crude climbed 0.3% to $91.99 a barrel.
- The German 10-year Bund yield fell by 6 basis points to 2.868% from 2.931%.
- The yield on the 10-year U.S. Treasury also fell by 3 basis points to 4.551% from 4.578%.
- Note: Bond prices and yields move inversely.
- Japan’s Nikkei 225 index remained flat, while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng declined by 1.4%.
- Chinese markets were closed.