The manufacturing sector climbed for the 18th straight month in November, driven mainly by strong demand amid the ongoing supply chain constraints.
- The November Manufacturing PMI climbed by 0.3 percentage points to 61.1% from 60.8% in October. This is the 18th straight month of expansion.
- The New Orders Index grew 1.7 percentage points to 61.5%, while the Production Index increased by 2.2 percentage points from 59.3% last month.
- Declines were recorded in the Prices, Backlog of Orders, Employment, Supplier Deliveries, Inventories, and New Export Orders, and Imports indices.
- Moderate to strong growth was recorded in computer and electronic products, food, beverage and tobacco products, and chemical products.
- Gains were also reported in petroleum and coal products, fabricated metal products, and transportation equipment.
- A total of 13 manufacturing industries recorded growth during the month, while two industries recorded declines.