Source: U.S. Department of Commerce
Privately-owned housing starts in July were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,534,000, 7% below the revised June estimate of 1,650,000 but 2.5% above the July 2020 rate. DXY down -0.03%, EUR USD up +0.05%.
- Single-family housing starts in July decreased by 4.5% to 1,111,000 compared to the revised June figure of 1,163,000.
- The July rate for units in buildings with five units or more was 412,000.
- Building permits in July rose by 2.6% to 1,635,000 from June figures of 1,594,000 and are 6.0% above July 2020 rate.
- Single-family authorizations in July were at 1,048,000, 1.7% lower than the revised June figure of 1,066,000.
- Authorizations of units in buildings with five units or more were at a rate of 532,000 in July.
- Privately-owned housing completions in July were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,391,000.
- This is 5.6% above the revised June estimate of 1,317,000 and 3.8% above the July 2020 rate of 1,340,000.