Source: Statistics Bureau of Japan
Inflation in Japan’s Ku area accelerated back to positive territory in September, with the biggest price increases reported in culture and recreation and furniture. EWJ is up 0.34% premarket.
- Annual inflation stood at 0.3%, following 11 straight months being in negative territory. This compares with -0.4% in August and 0.2% a year ago.
- Core inflation stood at -0.1%, marking the sixth straight month in negative territory.
- The biggest price gains were recorded in culture and recreation, which increased 4.1%, furniture and household utensils up 3.3%, and fuel, light, and water up 2.2%.
- Increases were also seen in education, food, miscellaneous, and housing, while the clothes and footwear index was flat.
- Price declines were recorded in transportation and communication at -8.6%, and medical care at -0.1%.
- Goods reported an upward growth of 1.5%, and services inflation stood at -0.6%.
Leave a Reply