Industrial production in the euro area in March fell by a monthly 1.8%, after posting an increase of 0.5% in February. DAX is up +1.33%, EURUSD is up +0.05%.
- In the EU, industrial production was down by 1.2% after rising by 0.6% in February.
- The production of capital goods fell the most and was down by a monthly 2.7% and 2.6% in the euro area and EU, respectively, in March. Intermediate goods were down by 2.0% and 1.4% in both regions.
- Production of durable consumer goods saw a surge of 0.8% in the euro area, while the same category improved by 0.7% in the EU. Energy rose by 1.3% in the EU but declined by 1.7% in the euro area.
- The largest declines in industrial production were recorded in Slovakia, Germany, and Luxembourg. Gains were posted the highest in Lithuania, Estonia, Bulgaria, and Greece.
- Following the declines in March, industrial production remained 0.8% below last year in the euro area but was 0.7% higher in the EU.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots