Industrial production in the euro area increased by 2.3% in November and rose by 2.5% in the EU. DAX is up +0.22%, EURUSD is down -0.02%
- The improvement in industrial production happens after a fall of 1.3% in the euro area in October and 0.8% in the EU.
- On a monthly basis, production of non-durable consumer goods in the euro area improved by 3.2% in the euro area while capital goods gained 1.5%. Energy saw a 1.2% increase, while intermediate goods and durable consumer goods production improved by 0.9% and 0.2%, respectively.
- In the EU, non-durable consumer goods gained 3.0% as capital goods added 2.3%, both higher than intermediate goods output gain of 1.4%. Energy saw a 0.9% increase, while durable consumer goods added 0.1%.
- On a monthly basis, industrial production rose the highest in Ireland, Poland, and Czechia. The declines were noted the highest in Belgium, Malta, and Luxembourg.
- Compared to the previous year, industrial production remained unchanged in the EU in November and was 1.5% down in the euro area.