A potential meeting between US President Joe Biden and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping could be a step closer to reality, with a senior American official set to fly to China next week.
- Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman will fly to Tianjin and meet with China’s Foreign Vice Minister Xie Feng, their first physical meeting since their exchange in Alaska.
- The officials will explore a potential meeting between US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi which will pave the way for a summit between Biden and Xi.
- Tensions between the two economies covering trade, Taiwan, the geopolitical concerns over the South China Sea, and supposed human rights violations.
- The US earlier this week warned that American firms could face serious repercussions if they continued business deals with Chinese companies
- Biden will join a virtual meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation on Friday but a meeting with Xi at that time is uncertain.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots