Producer inflation in Germany continued to accelerate in April, hitting the fastest pace on record, driven mainly by higher energy prices. EWG is up 0.96%, while DAX is up 0.98%.
- Annual producer inflation stood at 33.5%, following the 30.9% in March and 25.9% in January. This is the highest on record.
- Monthly inflation stood at 2.8%, taking into account the implications of the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- Energy prices posted an annual increase of 87.3% and a monthly increase of 2.5%.
- Natural gas prices surged by 154.8%, with power plants having to pay 307.0% higher during the same period the past year.
- Industrial consumers’ prices jumped by 259.9%, while those of resellers climbed by 170.0%.
- Electricity prices grew by 87.7%, redistributors had to pay 157.3%, and special contract customers gained 85.6%.