Source: Federal Statistical Office
German industrial production bounced back but rose less than anticipated in April as COVID restrictions and war in Ukraine hurt supply chains. DAX down -0.59%, EURUSD up +0.37%
- Industrial output increased by 0.7% in the month after an upwardly revised decline of 3.7% in March.
- Excluding energy and construction, production output rose by 0.3% in April 2022.
- Capital goods and intermediate goods rose by 0.9% and 0.4%, accordingly, while the production of consumer goods dropped by 1.3%.
- Energy production rose by 16.1% as construction output edged down by 2.1%.
- German industrial orders decreased more than anticipated in April. The third consecutive fall is attributable to weaker and increased uncertainty due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Leave a Reply