Source: European Commission
German import prices grew at a faster pace than exports in April, reflecting the impact of energy prices during the month. EWG is down 1.10%, while DAX is up 1.69%.
- Import prices recorded a 31.7% annual increase, marking the biggest jump since the first oil crisis in September 1974, when prices surged by 32.6%.
- Import prices recorded an increase of 1.8% when compared with the previous month.
- Energy imports were 157.4% more expensive than the same month last year, with natural gas up 301.2% and crude oil up 77.5%.
- Import prices excluding crude oil and mineral oil products gained 27.6% from April 2021 and 2.3% from March.
- Export prices increased by 16.0% from April 2021, marking the biggest increase since the first oil crisis in November 1974, when prices grew by 16.8%.