Source: Growth from Knowledge
German consumer sentiment is projected to improve in June following the record-low reading this month, but headwinds continued to risk further improvement. EWG is down 1.47%, while EZU is down 1.33%.
- Consumer sentiment is projected consumer sentiment to hit -26.0 in June, better than the revised record-low -26.6 this month and -8.6 in May 2021.
- GfK Consumer Expert Rolf Bürkl said that consumer sentiment remains at an all-time low amid the conflict in Ukraine and high inflation.
- Any improvement would depend on the resolution of geopolitical tensions and for inflation to cool down depending on the European Central Bank.
- Economic expectations improved to -9.3 in May from -16.4 in April and 41.1 in May 2021.
- Income expectations stood at -23.7 after the -31.3 in April and 19.5 in the same month last year.
- The propensity to buy was recorded at -23.7, which compares with -31.3 in April and 19.5 in May 2021.