Source: IHS Markit
The Eurozone economy continued its recovery, with the Composite Output Index hitting a 15-year year high of 59.5 in June, from 57.1 in May.
EURUSD is up +0.01%, DAX is down -0.036%.
- The composite output in June was the fourth consecutive month the index has hit the 50.0 mark
- The jump in output index reflected growth in manufacturing output and an improvement in the service sector, whose expansion was the best since mid-2007.
- Growth in levels of incoming businesses was the best for 21 years
- New export business rose at a record phase since the series survey started in September 2014.
- Capacity constraints persisted, with backlog of work rising for the fourth consecutive month
- Staffing levels rose for the fifth consecutive month, hitting the highest level in over three years
- Inflation hit the highest since September 2000, with cost pressures becoming a concern for businesses
- Business optimism grew, with confidence outlook improving to a record during June since mid-2012.
Leave a Reply