Eurozone inflation continued to accelerate in January, opening the year with a fresh record-high of 5.1%. EZU is up 0.63%, and VGK up 0.45% premarket.
- The latest reading compares with the 5.0% in December and the 0.9% recorded in January the previous year.
- Energy remained the biggest driver, recording the highest annual rate at 28.6% from 25.9% the previous month.
- Other drives include food, alcohol, and tobacco; services; and non-energy industrial goods.
- The highest inflation rate was recorded in Lithuania, followed by Estonia, Belgium, Slovakia, and Latvia.
- The lowest rates were seen in France, Finland, Portugal, Malta, Luxembourg, and Austria.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots