Industrial prices in both the eurozone and the European Union continued to increase in April, as energy prices nearly doubled during the month. EZU is up 1.02%, while VGK is up 0.94%.
- Industrial prices in the eurozone posted annual inflation of 37.2%, faster than the 36.9% in March.
- The fastest increase was seen in industrial energy prices, which soared by 99.2%, slower than the 104.1% the previous month.
- Double-digit increases were also recorded in prices of intermediate goods, which increased by 25.1%, and non-durable consumer goods by 11.2%.
- EU industrial prices grew by 37.0% from the same month last year, faster than 36.6% in March.
- Energy prices climbed by 97.2%, slower than the 101.% inflation print recorded the month earlier.
- Double-digit increases were seen in intermediate goods, and non-durable consumer goods.
- Industrial producer prices increased in all Member States, with the highest annual increase in Demand and Ireland with 62.3%.
Leave a Reply