Employment opportunities continued to improve in the European Union in November, as reflected by the unemployment data, which marked a continued decline. VGK is down 0.66%, while EZU is down 1.15% premarket.
- The seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate in the EU was 6.5% in November, down from 6.7% in October and 7.4% the same month in 2020.
- This is equivalent to 13.984 million unemployed individuals, lower than the 14.231 million in October and the 15.643 million in November 2020.
- The Eurozone unemployment rate fell to 7.2% from 8.1% the previous year, equivalent to 11.829 million unemployed persons.
- Youth unemployment in the EU stood at 2.842 million, equivalent to a 15.4% unemployment rate. This includes 2.313 million in the eurozone, with a rate of 15.6%.
- The EU unemployment rate for women dropped to 6.8% from 7.0% the previous month and fell to 6.3% from 6.4% for men.
- In the euro area, the unemployment rate for women decreased to 7.5% from 7.7%, while the rate for men decreased to 6.9% from 7.0%.
Leave a Reply