Unemployment in both the eurozone and the European Union eased slightly in March, equivalent to some 13.374 million individuals in the area. EZU is up 0.50%, VGK is up 0.67%.
- The seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate for the euro area stood at 6.8%, down from 6.9% recorded in February and 8.2% the same month last year.
- This is equivalent to 11.274 million individuals, lower than 11.350 million in February and 13.205 million in March.
- The unemployment rate for the European Union came in at 6.2%, down from 6.3% in February and 7.5% in March last year.
- This translates to 13.374 million versus 13.459 million in February and 13.719 million the same month last year.
- Youth unemployment stood at 2.579 million in the European Union, and 2.098 million in the euro area.
- This reflects an unemployment rate of 13.9% in both the European Union and the eurozone, down from 14.0% the previous month.