Unemployment in both the Eurozone and the European Union continued to decline in September, according to the latest data released by the statistical office. IEUR is flat premarket.
- The Euro area seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate stood at 7.4%, down from 7.5% the previous month, and 8.6% a year ago.
- The unemployment rate in the European Union was 6.7%, down from 6.9% in August and the 7.7% recorded in the same month last year.
- The latest figures translate to 14.324 million jobless in the EU, down by 306,000 from the previous month and 2.054 million from the past year.
- Unemployed individuals in the Euro area stood at 12.079 million, down by 255,000 from the past month and by 1.919 million from September 2020.
- There were 2.815 million unemployed individuals under the age of 25 in the EU, and 2.307 million in the Euro area.
- In terms of gender, unemployment for women fell to 7.0% in the EU from 7.2% in August, and down to 7.7% in the Euro area from 7.9%.