Source: European Commission
Consumer confidence in both the Euro area and the European Union slipped in October but remained close to their levels seen prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. VGK is down 0.09%.
- The Euro area consumer confidence indicator slipped 0.8 points to -4.8 points, while the EU indicator fell 0.9 points to -6.1 points.
- The latest reading for the Euro area came in better than expected by the market expectation of -5.
- Indicators for both regions remain close to or above the levels recorded before the pandemic hit the area.
- The figures take into account the industrial confidence indicator, the services confidence indicator, the consumer confidence indicator, and the retail trade confidence indicator.
- It also takes into consideration the economic sentiment indicator and employment expectations.
Leave a Reply