Ethereum passed $4,000 over the weekend to mark another high for the second week in a row, MarketWatch reported.
- Ether surged to a fresh record high of $4,058.82 on Sunday night, based on Kraken data.
- The digital coin is now valued to have a market capitalization of $460 billion, after climbing by over 30% in the past week.
- Ether topped $3,000 for the first time last week when it hit $3,144.81.
- deVere Group Chief Executive Officer Nigel Green believes Ether would soon hit $5,000 as he believes that digital currencies are the future of money, and more investors will acknowledge this moving forward.
- Year-to-date, Ether is up 437% and over 2,000% up in the past year.
- Ether was trading up to $4,116.38 at 12:14 p.m. GMT on Monday.
- The biggest digital currency, Bitcoin, was trading at $58,153.13.